Medical Insurance is having coverage over your health expenses. It is similar to having a security deposit for your health. It becomes quite difficult without a medical insurance plan to incur huge chunks of money on health issues. In today’s age, an epidemic is a common phenomenon that needs everyone’s attention. It’s better to be cautious than to be struck into the loop of diseases. Health Plans will help you ease your future as at the time of need you won’t be thinking about the finances but at just recovery of your health. Therefore, choose to be insured than being late.
Documents required for Medical Insurance
To get a medical/health insurance you need to furnish an age proof, identity proof, address proof and a few other documents, as mentioned below –
Age is a vital information which decides the kind of policy one can take and how much premium one should pay. Following documents are accepted as a document for age proof –
- Pan Card
- Aadhar Card
- Driving Licence
- Passport, etc.
- Birth certificate
- Voter’s ID Card
Commonly accepted identity proofs are as follows –
- Aadhar Card
- Driving Licence
- Voter’s ID Card, etc.
All the communication is done by the medical insurance company, including the health insurance premium, health policy bond, is delivered at your address based on the proof you have provided that is why it is pertinent to be checked by the insurer. You can submit the following for valid address proof:
- Rent agreement, Utility bills like electricity bill, telephone bill, etc.
- Ration card
- Driving license
Other Important Documents
- A Scanned copy of your PAN Card if not provided as age proof
- A Scanned copy of your Aadhar Card if not provided as address/age proof
- Your passport-sized photograph
- Medical Examination Reports. In case you have undergone any pre-entrance medical check-ups which are required by the health insurance company depending on your age and sum insured.
- Proposal Form which is duly filled in and signed for the health insurance.
Medical Insurance Renewal
The medical insurance policy is for 1/2/3 years. For the further continuance of policy, one has to renew the policy by giving the health insurance premium. The mode of renewal can be offline and online.
In case of offline renewal, one has to visit the health insurer branch and pay the premium in form of cheque, online transfer, demand draft etc. or hand it over to one of the certified agents.
In case of online renewal, the process is –
- Log in to the insurer website through which you have taken health policy.
- Fill in the required details(Policy Number) as you have previously done for your medical insurance policy.
- Pay the Medical Insurance Premium for further continuance of policy.
Sorted AI is an app designed in a way to help ease your task of categorizing and managing the documents for your medical insurance policy. Moreover, you can track the date for your renewal with the reminder feature of our app. You can renewal the premium on time and keep a record for it. Additionally, you can share these documents and the health insurance policy with your family members at any given time with the sharing feature of our app. Therefore, it’s an all-rounder application for your mobile phone.
Ayushi is a content writer at Sorted AI. She is a Final Year Business Law student from AURO University, Surat. She has an experience of 2 years in content writing on Legal and Technology aspects. She intend to bring a change in the society through her contribution in publishing strong opinionated voices.