Authorities have made access to one’s own Aadhaar Card very simple and seamless. There are multiple ways where one can get his or her own Aadhaar in electronic form. So even if you have lost your Aadhaar, stay calm and keep on reading.
Aadhaar is accepted in multiple formats i.e. in Digilocker, an original printed version or even a downloaded copy.
Getting Aadhaar on Digilocker App
- Download the Digilocker App
- Sign up with your Mobile Number, Name and Password
- Click on “Get Issued Documents”
- Select Aadhaar and just put in your Aadhaar Number and Name.
- You will receive an OTP on your registered number to verify
- After verification you have the access to your Aadhaar Card and this is widely accepted even by the CISF at the Airports
Downloading Aadhaar from UIDAI Website
Now you can download your Aadhaar by putting in your Aadhaar Number, Enrolment ID or Virtual ID.
- Go to https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/#/
- Put the Aadhaar number if you have access to it or go to https://resident.uidai.gov.in/lost-uideid to generate your Aadhaar No.
- You will receive OTP on your registered number
- After putting in the OTP, you can download & print your e-Aadhaar – which is accepted widely.
Getting Aadhaar Reprint Delivered to Home
This is a paid service, where you need to pay Rs. 50 to get a printed Aadhaar delivered to your home.
- Go to https://resident.uidai.gov.in/order-reprint
- Put in your Aadhaar Number, Captcha Code & request for OTP.
- After OTP verification you will be taken to the Preview page where you can make payment of Rs. 50 to get Aadhaar delivered to your home.
Important Points Regarding Aadhaar
- It is better to have Aadhaar Number handy be it in any electronic form or noted somewhere, you can use Sorted AI to store your important information, automatically organized.
- UIDAI website works best on Internet Explorer so avoid using Firefox & Mozilla.
- Ensure your mobile number is linked with your Aadhaar.
- On a lighter note, do read some interesting & fun facts about Aadhaar.
Gaurav heads Growth & Marketing at Sorted AI. He is an IIT Kanpur Alumnus. He has more than 5 years of work experience in Entrepreneurship & Investment Banking where he worked with Credit Suisse & Tapp Me. He is an avid Keyboard/Percussion Player & a better discount hunter.