Nowadays, Credit Card, has become ones financial lifeline. It is a boon for some people while bane for the rest. Boon for those who wisely use the credit limit and pay bills on time while bane for those who consider this credit as their own money and go on a shopping spree. But losing a credit card can be bad for both sets of the customer.
Follow the steps below when you lose a credit card, do not waste your time searching for the card
Report Loss via Call Centre
Banks generally prioritise the call when you need to report loss of credit card via call centre
- Call the respective banks call centre number, it will be on the banks website or check the footer to get the number of the big credit card issuers.
- Listen the IVR carefully and navigate to the “Report Loss of Credit/Debit Card” section.
- Ask the bank representative to block your card and it will be done after they are convinced with the information you provide when asked.
- Convey to him/her if there have been any malicious transactions after your card was stolen.
- After getting your card blocked, you can ask them to reissue the card and send it on your registered address.
Report Credit Card Loss via Internet Banking
- Log in to your internet banking via web or mobile app
- Navigate to the Cards section – Credit Cards
- Select the option – “Hotlist your Card”
- Select the card you have lost
- Depending on the bank site, it may also ask whether you want to reissue the card or not.
It is important to know here that after you have reported loss of your credit card, you cannot use it or reactivate it even if you find it out later.
Report Credit Card Loss to Police
While it is not required to report credit card loss to police but if there have been malicious transactions on your card, it is preferred you do the same.
Call Centre Numbers to report Credit Card Loss or Theft
You can easily find the Call Centre Number of respective bank online or better you can store one of your latest statements on Sorted AI and refer back to get whatever details you need.
|AMEX Customer Care – 1800 419 2122|
|Andhra Bank Call Centre – 1800 425 1515|
|Axis Bank Call Centre – 1860 419 5555|
|Bank of Baroda Call Centre – 1800 103 1006|
|Bank Of India Call Centre – 1800 220 229|
|Canara Bank Customer Care – 1800 425 0018|
|CITI Bank Customer Care – 1800 266 2400|
|Corporation Bank Call Centre – 1800 22 6606|
|Federal Bank Call Centre – 1800 420 1199|
|FirstRand Bank Customer Care – 087 575 1111|
|HDFC Bank Call Centre – 1800 266 4332|
|HSBC Bank Customer Care – 1860 108 7788|
|ICICI Bank Call Centre – 1800 103 8181/1860 120 7777|
|IDBI Bank Customer Care – 1800 425 7600|
|Indian Bank Call Centre – 1800 425 4422|
|IndusInd Bank Call Centre – 1860 500 5004|
|IOB Bank Customer Care – 1800 425 7744|
|Jammu & Kashmir Bank Call Centre – 0194 2486424|
|Kotak Mahindra Bank Customer Care – 1860 266 0811|
|PNB Call Centre – 1800 180 2345|
|RBL Bank Call Centre – 022 6232 7777|
|SBI Call Centre – 1800 425 3800|
|Standard Chartered Call Centre – https://www.sc.com/in/contact-us/|
|Syndicate Bank Customer Care – 1800 225 092|
|Union Bank of India Call Centre – 1800 223 222|
|Yes Bank Call Centre – 1800 103 1212|
Gaurav heads Growth & Marketing at Sorted AI. He is an IIT Kanpur Alumnus. He has more than 5 years of work experience in Entrepreneurship & Investment Banking where he worked with Credit Suisse & Tapp Me. He is an avid Keyboard/Percussion Player & a better discount hunter.